Fronted by accomplished violinist Carl Ector, The ROTEC GROUP plays Latin, Funk, Jazz, and Pop music. They also perform originals by members and unique arrangements of “Old Skool” tunes from the 70's.
Band Members include:
- Carl Ector is a State College-based violinist equally at home in classical, pop, and jazz music. He studied at the Manhattan School of music and performed at the Apollo Theatre. He toured with Ray Barretto, Archie Shepp, McCoy Tyner, Art Webb, and the Charanga Orchestra throughout the USA, South America, and Europe. Carl also performed and recorded with Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Donna Summer, Van McCoy, and many more. In State College, he has played with the Nittany Valley Symphony, the Pennsylvania Centre Orchestra, the Altoona Symphony Orchestra, and was a member of Urban Fusion.
- Chip Lovett (Keyboardist) has played with Urban Fusion and many other bands in the area.
- Andrew Jackson (percussion), has been instrumental in providing many State College musicians their start. He is one of the co-founders of Urban Fusion and a former percussionist with the Earthtones.
- Justin Dorsey (bass), has played with the Pennsylvania Chamber Orchestra and with the Williamsport Symphony Orchestra. He is a teacher, and teaches private music lessons in State College and Huntingdon.
- Chris Byrne (reeds), plays with Eric Ian Farmer, is one of the co-founders of Urban Fusion, and is a math professor at Penn State University.
- Kyle Haust (drums) graduated from the PSU school of music with a masters degree in percussion performance. He acts as principal percussionist and principal timpanist for the Nittany Valley Symphony and as house drummer for Fuse and Singing on Stage musicals. You can also catch Kyle performing with the band Rodeo Serenade at the Happy Valley Brewing Company.
- Jeff Gibble (guitar), plays with Urban Fusion and teaches at Robert M. Sides Family Music Center, where he has many students, and is the leader of "The Gibble Group, another band that will play Moonstock in 2021.